About The Role
Tag Games are looking to add a Technology Programmer to our internal engine technology team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on ChilliSource - a brand new, open source, cross platform, C++ game engine.
The Technology Programmer will be expected to maintain and optimise existing systems, develop new features and build tools to compliment the engine. They will also support game teams, assisting with issues and dealing with features requests.
A candidate should be a highly motivated individual with a passion for writing quality code. They should be comfortable working in a variety of environments and have a deep understanding of various techniques used in game development.
- Write clean, robust and easily maintainable engine code
- Research, design and implement new features and improvements
- Maintain and optimise an existing code base
- Develop and maintain tools to compliment the engine
- Work with the game teams to assist with issues and respond to bug and feature requests
- Peer review code submitted by the rest of the team
- Good degree in computer science or equivalent
- Excellent C++
- Strong maths and 3D programming
- Expert knowledge of graphics programming, including shaders
- Good System and API design and knowledge of multi-threading
- Experience of cross platform design, and development for iOS, Android or Desktop
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques related to game engine development
- Ability to work both individually and in a team
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage
Send your covering letter, CV and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies).