Senior Technology Programmer
about the role
The Senior Technology Programmer will be expected to maintain and optimise existing systems, develop new features and build tools to compliment the engine. They will also support game teams, assisting with issues and dealing with feature requests. As senior developer they will also be expected to work closely with other team members, leading by example to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained.
A candidate should be a highly skilled and motivated individual with a passion for writing quality code. They should be comfortable working in a variety of environments and have a deep understanding of various techniques used in game development.
- Write clean, robust and easily maintainable engine code.
- Research, design and implement new features and improvements.
- Maintain and optimise an existing code base.
- Develop and maintain tools to compliment the engine.
- Work with the game teams to assist with issues and respond to bug and feature requests.
- Organise peer review of code both up and down the hierarchy on a regular basis.
- Deliver accurate time estimates for the programming tasks on a project for scheduling purposes.
- Ensure features are finished on time and to the highest possible quality standards.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills, setting an example for the rest of the team.
- Demonstrate excellence in all Tag values, not just adherence to them.
Skills and Experience
- Good degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Excellent C++.
- Strong maths and 3D programming.
- Expert knowledge of graphics programming, including shaders.
- Good System and API design and knowledge of multi-threading.
- Experience of cross platform design, and development for iOS, Android or Desktop.
- Detailed knowledge of development tools and techniques related to game engine development.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team.
- Good understanding of Java, JNI, Objective-C and C# a distinct advantage.
- Candidates must have at least one shipped title and will ideally have 3+ years of experience developing for PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
Send your covering letter, CV and portfolio link to email@example.com (no agencies).