About the Role
Game designer with some previous free to play experience required for immediate start.
You will be a creative contributor to our team of designers, communicating regularly with your team’s lead designer. You will be expected to help present design ideas to potential and existing clients, which will lead to future work opportunities. You will be working on our major projects and will be expected to nurture all aspects of design throughout the life cycle of the project. We are looking for someone who is excited by the possibilities of social and connected gaming on mobile, but who is flexible enough to work across a wide variety of genres. You’ll have great attention to detail, and have experience in the full life cycle of multiple shipped titles, demand perfection and be committed to supporting your team.
- Have been involved in the full life cycle of designing F2P games from concept to completion, and everything in between.
- A strong, passionate talker with immaculate presentation skills.
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of games in general and an understanding of what makes them work.
- A thorough understanding of free to play mechanics and monetisation mechanisms.
- Good knowledge and appreciation of downloadable, free to play, games as a service and social games.
- High degree of creativity and proven design skills.
- A high standard of English and written skills.
- Experience with a wide variety of game development tools.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Appreciation for agile style development processes.
- Self-motivating, outstanding attention to detail and organisation abilities.
- Inspirational, ambitious and demanding personality.
- Basic computer programming skills may be helpful.
- Work with the product owner (external/internal) to define creative vision.
- Design and direct development of player experiences and game mechanics.
- Help present design ideas to potential and existing clients which will lead to future work opportunities
- Create and maintain design documentation.
- Create core game loops, specify high level monetization systems and purchase flows.
- Create game mechanisms, product flows, levels, UI layouts, maps, and other elements.
- Direct and support Junior Game Designers and/or Interns.
- Work closely with project team members to execute design and work through design revisions as needed.
- Generate requirements for design and other disciplines such as artists and programmers.
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure scope and milestones are met.
- Conduct playtests, identify improvements on products and pro-actively fix issues.
- Work closely with game economists and data analysts to identify areas to improve and methods to improve the product’s acquisition, retention, conversion and monetisation during the product’s lifecycle.
- Candidates will ideally have 3+ years of experience working in a design role and be educated to degree level.
- Candidates will have been involved in the complete life cycle of at least 1 shipped title.
- Candidates will have previous pitching experience.
Send your covering letter, CV and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies).