Game Data Analyst
About the role
We seek a highly driven and capable analyst to contribute to the creation and on-going support of successful free-to-play games. The ideal candidate will understand that creating great gaming experiences that engage players and monetise effectively require both great game design andrigorous analysis.
As an analyst, you will help us predict and then understand user behaviour by drawing upon economy modelling skills, information discovery and data from existing products.
- Retrieve and analyse logged data, A/B tests, instrumented products, etc.
- Model user behaviour and game economies based upon previous findings, all relevant available data and reasoning from first principles.
- Contribute towards the direction of the development of tools for tracking and understanding user behaviour.
- Effectively communicate with key internal stakeholders and external clients to ensure proper collection of data and useful reporting.
- Initiative and a passion for learning.
- Statistical training or practical experience in data analysis.
- A working knowledge of SQL.
- An understanding of the strengths, weaknesses and limitations of different statistical methods.
- Excellent data reporting and presentation skills.
- Self-management skills, the ability to prioritise your own work.
- Preference for those with prior analytical experiences with games or other digital media.
- Working knowledge of a scripting or programming language also preferable.
- Familiarly with the MapReduce programming model helpful.
Key Personal Attributes
- Attention to detail.
- An interest in what has the greatest business impact in games.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility and an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- A strong work ethic whilst understanding the need for a work-life balance, plus a sense of humour.
- Comfortable setting and working to deadlines.
- Appreciation for fast-paced start up environments - an interest in working within a small team to create software used by millions of people.
- Strong communication and time management - the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- A relentless passion for creating industry leading products and the highest quality user experiences.
For more information to apply please contact email@example.com (no agencies).