About the role
The Concept Artist will be a highly skilled and experienced individual comfortable in a variety of software packages including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and 3D Studio MAX/Maya. The role will involve the production of work on a number of gaming platforms including mobile, tablet, console and other devices. The chosen candidate will possess a strong ability present their work to potential and existing clients to lead the company to future work opportunities.
The Concept Artist will have the capacity to work across multiple projects at any one time, working closely with other team members to ensure high standards of visuals are maintained over all projects within minimal scheduled times. They must be strong generalists with excellent traditional art skills and demonstrate an ability to manage a wide variety of visual styles and work within the boundaries and guidelines of established properties where necessary.
- Create high quality concept art that can include gameplay shots, characters, objects, architecture and environments, user interface etc. in a range of art styles.
- Actively participate in production and art team meetings.
- Pitch concept art to potential and exciting clients.
- The capacity to create beautiful concept art quickly, coherently and in a multitude of art styles.
- Expected to resolve issues on their own and/or seek out solutions with an appropriate team member.
- Show a flexible approach allowing special and/or urgent assignments to be completed with minimum impact.
- Mentor/Coach junior members of the art team, helping to develop their skills and capacity.
- Candidates will ideally have 3+ years of experience working on PC, console, handheld or mobile gaming platforms.
- Will have a distinct ability to quickly create effective and coherent concept, illustrative and sketch art.
- Show a strong foundation in traditional drawing skills.
- Have a proven track record of multiple drawing styles.
- Possess a strong ability to present their work to potential and existing clients.
- Show evidence of excellent 2D art creation skills, animation, texturing, graphic design etc.
- Show an ability to meet tight deadline and follow direction, technical process and schedules.
- Experience with agile development processes and source control systems preferred.
- 3D conceptual art creation skills using 3DSmax (preferred) or Maya, including modelling, rigging, texturing, animation and lighting is a strong bonus.
Key Personal Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across various projects and styles
- Fast workflow
- Confident with client based pitches
- Excellent teamwork skills, positive attitude and flexibility
- Highly motivated with a hunger for on-going learning and development
- A passion for games, ideally social, mobile and online games
- Strong work ethic, combined with a sense of humour
Send your covering letter, CV and portfolio link to email@example.com (no agencies).